Kid President says mailing corn dogs to people is awesome. Actual corn dogs seemed a bit messy to me, so I whipped up these corn dogs pens to send instead.
- Worsted Weight yarn in beige and brown (I use Vanna’s Choice Beige and Honey)
- Small amount of yellow or red yarn for mustard or ketchup (optional)
- 3.5 mm / E crochet hook
- Polyfill for Stuffing
- Pen (I recommend Bic Round Stic pens)
- Tapestry Needle for sewing
For the corn dog stick, using beige yarn:
- Chain 6, join to form a ring.
- Working in spirals (not joining every round), sc around for length of pen, approximately 22 rows or 4 3/4 inches.
- Finish off, leaving a tail for sewing. Sew the top of the stick closed and weave in ends.
For the corn dog, using brown yarn:
- Start with a magic ring.
- 6 sc in magic ring. (6 sts)
- 2sc in each st around. (12 sts)
1 sc, 2sc in next st, repeat around. (18 sts)
sc around (18 sts)
5 sc, 2sc in next st, around (21 sts)
sc for 20 rounds
Next, if you want to add mustard or ketchup, surface crochet a wavy line of either color or both, on to your corn dog. Then, start stuffing your corn dog with polyfill. You want it to be well stuffed but still leave some open room towards the bottom center where you can insert a pen.
sc 5, dec, repeat around (18 sts)
sc 1, dec, repeat around (12 sts)
Stuff corn dog with more Polyfill as needed.
Dec, repeat around (6 sts)
Finish off, leaving a 8 inch tail for sewing. Put your stick cozy on your pen. Then insert the stick into the bottom of the corn dog. Sew corn dog into position and weave in end.
Now that you’ve made some corn dogs, send ’em to your friends as a surprise and watch their hilarious reactions!